Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Let Go....Go On

 I recently came across a Mary Engelbreit card I purchased years ago because I loved the saying as well as the picture. it shows A girl taking great steps forward, with a branch in hand as a walking stick, and a opened suitcase trailing behind her with an assortment of personal items falling out of it.  What I like most about it is the caption: LET GO....GO ON.

There comes a time in all of our lives when we come to a point when we have a choice: hold on to the past (or even a current undesirable situation) or let go and go on. Wowzie! Sometimes just the thought of letting go of the familiar (even though it may be painful or toxic to us), paralyzes us into remaining rooted firmly in place because even as painful as it is, it has become a sort of comfort zone for us.  Fear grips us, holding us from going forward. Fear of failure, fear of rejection, fear of being alone, fear of the unknown. Whatever it is that is that is keeping you from going forward becomes like quicksand; first by gripping our feet, but then eventually swallowing up our entire body so that we become immobile, helpless to go anywhere. I know, I've been there myself.

During the past two weeks following my recent divorce (which I finally had the courage to have finalized) I have seen the above phrase no less than three times.

Coincidence? I don't think so. I believe that when we finally take the leap faith to LET GO and GO ON, there will be road signs confirming we have made a step forward in the right direction. Sometimes we don't even know what direction that is~ we are just taking one step at a time, one day at a time and just moving forward to whatever God has planned for us. I read a quote the other day that said: "God will direct our paths, but we have to be willing to pick up our feet and take the first step. 

What are YOU currently facing today? What specifically is holding YOU back?
Be Brave. Be Strong. Be Courageous. Be Fearless. Most importantly;
 LET Go and Go On. Move forward and don't look back.

Blessings to you and your journey wherever it takes you! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment