Wednesday, November 28, 2012

We Are All Meant to Shine

Lately I have been thinking a lot about fear versus faith. Why? Perhaps I feel safe in my comfort zone of fear. It is familiar, it is non threatening, it requires nothing from me, especially no action on my part. I came across a segment this week from Marianne Williomson's book; "Return To Love," It really hit home, and made me realize what my fear really is all about. Marianne says; " Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine; as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. as we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." The other day I made an observation, that prompted me to write this quote: "When we step out of the room of fear, and cross the threshold of faith, we enter the amazing world of unlimited possibility." And so, I ask not only myself, but everyone who is reading this post: "What is holding us back and keeping us paralyzed in the room of fear, when all we have to to do is cross the threshold of faith, and live the life God intended us to live?" Is it the fear of the unknown, or the fear of the amazing possibilities that await us, just by crossing the threshold of faith. This reminds me of another quote by Trina Paulus: "How does one become a butterfly?" she aked pensively. "You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar." I don't know about you, but I am tired of being a caterpiller, when I can be a beautiful butterfly and soar. I am ready to shine!

No comments:

Post a Comment